Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's Wrestling Time!

Wrestling Season officially began, and as I mentioned before, this was new to GCA...their first year adding wrestling into their winter sports. Super exciting!!  Here are some pictures from the first meet.  The guys did a great job, with four young men medaling that day from Grace!  We were so proud of Jake, because he won his very first "First Place" medal ever that day!  Jake ended up having a tremendous season overall, which I'll post more on later, but I love, love, love seeing that boy's hard work pay off.  Those who knew him when he started wrestling just a few years ago would tell you he had a LONG way to go back then.  Now, no one would work harder than he did, but he didn't win very many matches in that first year.  It's been gradually improving year after year, and he has put in tremendous hard work and determination toward getting better, and this year he was quite a force out there!  He absolutely loves this sport, and I think he, as well as several others, really grew in a huge way from this opportunity at Grace this season. So proud!!
 
 



I love all the guys by the mat rooting for their teammates!! (there's my man in the black helping coach a little during the match)


No, this isn't one of my fellas, but I can't leave him out!  Coltyn was the first wrestling win that day...the first win in GCA history!!! Way to go, Coltyn! (notice his proud Mama in the background!-Love it!)

Is that my little boy??!!
 
Jake on the mat, about to pin
 
 
 
Coach Ian congratulating Jake after his big win!
 
Awesome!!

I absolutely LOVE this picture! (:




No comments:

Post a Comment