Friday, April 1, 2011

Caleb's Song

Caleb (who is almost 12) was asked to sing a solo for the school's elementary Easter chapel today (Yes, they did it a few weeks before Easter this year...start off the month ready to celebrate!) The entire chapel was just beautiful.  Here is video of Caleb singing Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace".  He loves to sing, but he's only done one solo ever before this one. Very thankful that he had the opportunity to share today.

I'll never forget a few years ago Caleb started really falling in love with singing.  For those of you who know me, you know I've always loved music and have always loved to sing. Well, when Caleb was about 8 years old  he told me one day as he fought back tears, "Mama, when I sing, I can't explain it, but I just FEEL God."  My heart knew exactly what he was talking about, and needless to say, it made me smile, because I knew that even in this tough, athletic little fella, God had put the gift of song and had begun molding his little heart a bit more into the man He was creating him to be. I think that's one of the things I love about Caleb.  He is such a rugged, tough, sports playing boy, but he's also always had this gentle side to him that is kind and true.  Hope you are blessed by his song today. 



4 comments:

  1. What a great job! I know that makes for a proud Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the video! I was wondering how it went! He is such a sweet boy, and very worthy of your pride in him :)

    We can't wait to see you guys on Sunday! We always look forward to our time with you two & the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Caleb! Sounds like he might have some of his mama's talent. :) Aunt JoAnne said to tell him that he did great and has the voice of an angel. So proud of him and for you. :)

    ReplyDelete