Monday, April 18, 2011

How Quickly He Grows!

(Click on the collage to enlarge)


Caleb had his 12th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I had gathered some pictures to post but just haven't gotten around to putting them on the blog...better late than never, right?! 

Caleb's name is perfect for him.  When we picked it, we loved some of the verses in scripture about Caleb and the heart he had.  One of my favorites, and it seems to fit our Caleb perfectly, is in Numbers when the Israelites are preparing to enter the Promised Land after 40 years in the wilderness.  Caleb, who at this time was about 90 years old, says, "I'm as ready to fight today as I was 40 years ago!"  Now, you've gotta' love that heart!  He never doubted His Lord's power and plan.  He didn't waiver after all those years.  He finished strong.  That's a real man.  That's our prayer for our Caleb.  He's well on his way, and with the grace and strength of our Lord He will be a mighty man of God one day, too. 

Here are a few more pictures...We love you, Caleb D!!!



Always loved this one of Jake looking into the bassinet at Caleb in the hospital!



Caleb at 3 months old...he was a little chunker!!! I love sweet cheeks!

Playing in the mud...about 4 years old

Absolute sweetness! (:
Christmas 2010

On his birthday...12 years old!!!


3 comments:

  1. Great post! You ought to print it and save a copy for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, We thoroughly enjoyed spending an evening with you and Kenny. You all have come to mind so often since our meal together and I have prayed for you each time. I was so glad to find your blog and it cracks me up to see even more things we have in common from your site listing! I loved seeing your sweet crew too and having faces with names. Hope we can get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jamie! I will do that!

    C, we enjoyed you guys, as well! I look forward to getting our crews together sometime! I agree, btw, about our similarities. I've thought the same when reading your blog! Blessings to the Fishes!

    ReplyDelete