Monday, January 16, 2012

The Singing Dallas Boys!!

One of my greatest memories growing up was getting to be a part of kids' musicals at church.  The Lord really worked in my little heart during those times to draw me closer to Him and to start teaching me that He had given all of us gifts to be used for His kingdom.  Something stirred within my spirit even as a young child when I was around music...specifically music that honored Him and drew others to the heart of God.  I am still so thankful today for those who invested the time to make those things happen years ago.  It really made a huge impact in my life.

 In December, Caleb, Joshua and David got to participate in the children's Christmas musical at church.  The twins had solos/duets in a song, and Caleb had a solo, as well.  All of the kids did such a great job, whether it was singing, acting, dancing, etc.  It was really a great experience for them, and I've put a link below to the musical. (Thanks to our friend, Dennis, for helping me get it online!)  The entire program was just wonderful and will bless you, but the twins' song is at 5:50 (First verse is David's solo, duet together, Second verse is Joshua's solo, duet together).  Caleb's is at 20:12 ("What Child is This?")  So proud of these fellas...they are tough, strong, athletic, AND they love worshipping the Lord through music, too.  I think God smiles when He sees His children using their gifts to honor Him. Precious.

 (You can pause the music on my blog first by scrolling to the bottom of the page)




No comments:

Post a Comment